JA Henckels Knife Set Reviews: In The Best Kitchen Knife Set Collection 2017
Having good kitchen knives set in the kitchen is a priority for everyone who is serious about cooking. Undoubtedly, trying to find the best kitchen knives set can be rather overwhelming.
Don’t settle for what appears to be the best knives block set available. One of the finer companies that produce quality kitchen tools are the makers of the J.A. Henckels knife set.
Our website can lead you not only to the best knives block but to the best Henckels knife sets. We will go over all the qualities that make a good knives set the one to purchase.
Don’t settle for what appears to be the best knife block set available. One of the finer companies that produce quality kitchen tools are the makers of the J.A. Henckels knife set.
Our website can lead you not only to the best knives block but to the best Henckels knife set. We will go over all the qualities that make a good knives set the one to purchase.
Choosing the Right Kitchen Knives Set
Some of the top kitchen knives sets can cost a pretty penny. You have to look at a good kitchen knife set as an investment that will pay off in the long run.
There are ways to buy good kitchen knives set and still stay on a budget. The most expensive knife set isn’t necessarily always the best set.
You don’t want to waste your money by purchasing cheap knives sets. With subpar materials, you will not be saving money in the long run. It will be well worth it to spend a little more to get knives set that is of a higher quality.
There are ways to find good knives set that fits into your budget and we have just the set for your money. There are several items that fit into the category of best kitchen knife set for under $100.
Having a good blade in a kitchen knife set is what makes the difference between good knives set and one of the best knife sets. Professional chefs prefer a set of knives that have a heavy weight blade.
Most blades are made of stainless steel but the process is different for each. Forged blades are created by compressing the steel while stamped blades are cut to the chosen shape.
In order to keep a razor sharp blade on them, you must regularly sharpen kitchen knives. If you take good care of them they will last for a very long time.
There are several different choices available regarding the handles for kitchen knives sets.
- Wood handles were popular in the past but tend to attract bacteria. They look good and handle well but don’t hold up well hygienically.
- Stainless steel knife handles are sturdy and clean up with no trouble. They can be hard to hold onto when they get wet.
- Knives with plastic handles are very popular because they last well and are easy to clean. They can crack after a while if they are subject to many different temperatures.
- Santoprene handles are very durable and provide a slip-resistant grip.
Top Rated Kitchen Knife Set to Buy in 2017
Best for Kitchen: Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece
If you can only purchase one knife set the Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-piece is the set to buy. This reasonably priced set includes a paring knife, utility knife, Chef knife, bread knife and a boning knife all stored in a tempered glass block. Some of the perks of this set are:
- The blades have a full tang (they run the length of the knife) making them durable and easy to handle. You won’t ever have to worry about the blades snapping off.
- Besides being a nice addition to your kitchen décor, the tempered glass block keeps all your kitchen knives together and easy to find just the one you need. Each one is right at your fingertips.
- There is nothing nice about picking up a knife that is beginning to rust or discolor. You won’t have to worry about that with the Culinary Genesis set because it is made of high carbon cutlery steel.
Best for The Money: Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18 Piece
We found that the 18-piece knife set by Chicago Cutlery Fusion easily offers you the most for your money. You get 8 knives that include: paring, utility, chef, slicer, bread, partoku and 2 santoku.
Also included are 8 individual steak knives, a wood block for storing the set and a sharpening steel. We chose this set because:
- It gives you all the tools you need to prepare any meal in your kitchen plus includes steak knives.
- The blades have a special Taper Grind edge giving them each the highest level of sharpness and a sharpening steel to keep them this way.
- The company’s lifetime warranty makes the Chicago Cutlery Fusion an even better deal. You have nothing to lose if anything goes wrong with one of the 18 pieces the company will make good on it.
Best Chef Knife Set: Chef Essential 6 Piece
There are so many reasons why this Chef Essential 6-piece set is superior to others on the market it’s hard to narrow them down. Besides coming in 7 different colors the price is so reasonable you could actually get more than one set.
The 6 knives include a paring knife, a utility knife two santoku knives, a slicing knife and a chef knife. Other points that set this set apart from others are:
- It provides the most important knives you need for preparing meals while looking stylish and matching your kitchen.
- The grip is comfortable making it easy to chop, slice and dice.
- Not just a pretty face, these knives are fully functional and as sharp as can be. Keep them that way with any regular knife sharpener.
Best for Cheese: Laminas 5-Piece Stainless Steel
While it is not mandatory to have a cheese knife to slice cheese you will be surprised to see what a difference having the right tools makes. This 5-piece set by Laminas includes a small fork for serving, a chisel knife for hard cheeses, a knife for Parmesan cheese, a wide blade knife for soft cheeses, add a thin knife for semi-hard cheese.
- For less than $20 you can have the right knives for whichever type of cheese you are serving.
- It comes with a wooden board where you can lay out your cheeses and accompaniments for your guests.
- The set comes in a gift box and makes the perfect hostess gift when attending a party.
Top Rated JA Henckels Knife Set of 2017
Best Under $100: J.A Henckels 3 Piece
If you don’t have enough money to invest in a larger J.A. Henckels knives set this 3-piece set is a great place to start. The set includes paring knives, utility knives, and a chef’s knives. We love this set because:
- You get the highest quality knives for under $100.
- The blades consist of stainless steel from Germany and are forged synergy.
- The handles are comfortable and unbreakable.
Best for Steak: J.A. Henckels International Eversharp 8-pc
There is nothing worse than trying to cut into a delicious steak with knives that just doesn’t cut it! This 8-piece set from J.A. Henckels is reasonably priced for superior steak knives that never require sharpening.
We have chosen this set as the best steak knives set because:
- Each blade is cut from one piece of stainless steel.
- They are comfortable to use with a full tang handle.
- You can easily care for them in the dishwasher.
Best for Cooking: J.A. Henckels International Forged Premio 18-Piece
If you are a serious cook you must invest in this 18-piece block set from J.A. Henckels. The Forged Premio set includes the following knives: serrated utility, utility, santoku, chef’s knives, bread knives, and a boning knives.
Also included are a pair of kitchen shears and 8 steak knives all stored in a hardwood block. In addition:
- Most sets of this size and quantity cost several times what this set goes for.
- All the knives feel comfortable in the hand and the full tang gives them strength and balance.
- The stainless steel blades give you the ultimate cutting edge.
Whatever your choices are as you shop for the knives set for your kitchen, keep in mind the following:
- The ceramic used in some knives is second only to diamonds as a hard substance. If you are looking for a durable set of knives these would last for years without showing any wear and tear.
- Ceramic blades won’t need to be sharpened nearly as much as stainless steel knives.
- Full tang blades mean the blade runs the entire length of the knives giving the knives balance and ensuring that the blade itself doesn’t break off.
- Make sure you keep your blades sharpened, whether you use a stainless steel rod or electric sharpeners.
- It’s important that the knives handle feels comfortable in your hand.
When choosing your kitchen knives set to make sure that you spend a little more for a quality set but not too much more than you go over your budget. You can get fewer knives that are of high quality rather than make your purchase solely on price.
Some sets may be more than you currently need but once you see how easy they make your prepping tasks, you will never be satisfied with inferior knives set again. Check out our top choices and read the reviews and you can’t go wrong getting the right knives set for your kitchen.